Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ay, brotha.

From the wee island of Scotland, I write you.

That was my attempt at being Scottish. I got nothing. So, yes here I am sitting in my dorm room which is four floors up from Scottish soil, so that's pretty neat. It really is beautiful here. That's what does it for me - architecture and nature. The kindness of the people is just a cherry on top. A very large cherry, because they are so kind.

I sit with Jack (short for Jackie) and Frances in class and I have really enjoyed getting to know them. They have lived in Glasgow all their lives and seem to be just normal women working and living and wanting to do what they can to help those less fortunate. They aren't showy or pushy or act like know-it-alls, but rather are very humble in their expressions.

Travelling with Americans is bothersome, especially Americans that are hard for me to love. There are a few people in our group that I instantly am put off by their personalities of being aggressive and controlling. I just keep quiet, put in my iPod when need be, and ask God for a wee bit more patience and love that I can seem to create on my own. I can already see a little bit of the plans and lessons God has in store for me on this trip.

It's going to be good though, I just know it. I really am having fun and will get to see so many castles!!!

Love, love, love.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Leehaw,

    I miss you but am delighted to know that Scotland is...well...delightful.

    PS. I love you.

    Get it? Cause in the movie...nm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. This is Emily Jack, not on Emily's user name apparently...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nature + architecture = yesss

    i'm not sure if that equation would pass a mathematician's rigorous standard, but...

    i miss you, but i'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete