Friday, June 20, 2008

Ann is in Kenya!

This picture acurrately sums up the ridiculousness this group ensues wherever we go. Even when we don't have them on, we draw attention like we are always wearing tacky army green ponchos. Oh, these guys are great, they keep me humble and batter my self conscious behavior constantly. I need that. They also force me to love. Self epiphanies are so cliche, but I appreciate them so.

I think (operative word here - think) that I am going to do the Peacecorps after graduation. After studying with these MSW students, I've realized that I do not have enough life experience or work experience to make a well-informed decision about grad school or even what I want to do with my life. I need to live. The Peaceorps is still a scary idea for me. I'm thinking if I just continue to say I will do it, I will eventually climb over this wall of fear and anxiety and just do it.
2 weeks left and then my adventure to Europe continues. So far my adventures are going to take me to London and Germany. Bill and I would really like to go to Poland, but we are having a hard time figuring out how to get there and get back to Glasgow in time for our flights back God-Bless-America. I'm excited. In Edinburgh last week, we went on a pub crawl with our hostel and met lots of travellers who have been travelling for weeks and weeks and it got me all riled up about exploring the world. At the same time, I do miss my friends, especially my roomies. My sister friends.
Well dang, it started to rain again. The one time I forget my rain jacket. Keep it real.
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Emily is in Greensboro! I'm glad to see that you look so dashing in your poncho. Also, I think that the peacecorps is a lovely idea. Now I am going to yell at David out my window.

    ReplyDelete