Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Scott & Seth Avett sing, "Blue Ridge Mountain Blues" (written in 1924 b...

This song is so lovely. I miss you, Blue Ridge. But it's not in a "Woe is me" kind of missing, but just a "Goodness, be still my heart. You are absolutely beautiful in so many ways" kind of way.

Emily G and Mary, remember when the Avett Brothers played on that hot summer's day in downtown Greensboro (for free)? Were the details that Emily and I rode our bikes (Big Blue and Crazy Pete may you both rest in sweet restful peace wherever you are) and met up with Mary? I think fondly of that afternoon often.

3 comments:

  1. i DO remember that day and think back on it often. i believe my older sister was in town for the FREE avett show. now avett shows cost $60+ since they are famous, but maybe they will come to LA soon!
    <3 you thanks for the trip down memory lane :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you were Crazy Pete is. Locked under the green house, rusting to death. (;

    ReplyDelete
  3. yessss! i remember i remember! one of my memories of that show is that when he sang "in the limbs of that magnolia tree" there actually was a magnolia tree there to which he pointed... thus making our lovely little greensboro part of the epic musical history which we shared that summer evening and so often in our dorm rooms, cars, and apartments. sigh.
    btw, big blue is in my folks' garage, rest his soul... messy p is being enjoyed by someone else, i hope, since they stole him from me!

    ReplyDelete