Monday, March 21, 2011

Life Comes and It Goes.

Sometimes I like to take a small walk down memory lane with a handful of "what ifs" and "what could have beens." I was trying to find the name of a movie that a friendly boy had once recommended to me a little over a year ago. I went through my messages on my social networking site (just guess which one!) to look and started to just reread every message he had sent me.

I looked at the dates of when he sent them and I don't have the guts to figure out how soon after he gave me a ring to tell me he met the girl he is now going to marry, and that, well, it just wouldn't make much sense for us to keep in touch any more.

And then I looked at the last message that popped up when I searched for his name. It was my dearest friend Emily. From the message it looked like I had fallen off the face of the earth and wrote her to tell her my deepest apologies for not keeping in touch. And she wrote me back the sweetest, most loving note full of encouragement.

And then I'm pretty sure I called her a few days later, moments after I received that fateful, disheartening call, to strike up our long lost friendship over our validation of each others' bruised hearts.

It's beauty in the breakdown, you know? What ifs... Though, I rather like how it turned out. I'm single with no prospects in sight, but have a friend that I know I can always count on.

1 comment: