Saturday, October 4, 2008

Angst and teenage melodrama

I have two theories relating to men folk:
1. All men are wusses. Generalization it may be - it's true. Todos los hombres do not step up and say hey, let's talk. They beat around the bush and I refuse to be the man in the relationship. I'm a feminist egalitarian who appreciates gender roles.
2. There are few good men left and none of them are in Greensboro or single or breathing or not related to me. Now this is in relation to Theory 1. All the cute ones have issues and all the nice ones couldn't handle my issues. And all the nice ones are wusses. It's a circle, you see.

I need Garrison Keillor to explain to me the facts of life and tell me that's just the way it is.

I bought "The Reason for God" by Timothy Keller. I'm nervous and excited about reading it. Part of me doesn't want answers. Another part of me doesn't want answers from a Christian pastor. And another part of me wants to believe it all because it would just be easier that way.

2 comments:

  1. I wish Garrison Keilor was my Dad. Well maybe not, but I did listen to him on the radio today and I liked it a lot.

    PS. Happy reading. If you ever want talk to me about what you're reading and you don't want me to do anything but listen, I'd love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah im frustrated with woman being so crazy.... Oh wait, im sorry. I thought we were supposed to throw around wild generalizations because were frustrated. Hehe.
    I suppose as lovers are concerned than Jesus will simply have to do.

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete