Sunday, October 26, 2008

yoo-hoo passion, where are you?

Today at work I helped a woman custom frame some art. She had a soft voice and a pleasant attitude, although she was a bit indecisive, but I can't hold that against her - she's one of my kind. We started asking me about where I was in school and what I was studying and all the questions that come along with the topic by default. I mentioned that I used to be a social work major and it was something I still wanted to do. She then went on to say that she thought I would be very good at that job, and she listed off some attributes she had noticed about me. While she was telling me this I couldn't understand why. How did she know that I was feeling so lost about my future, that I was rethinking everything I wanted to do? Why did she feel the need to be so uplifting towards me and be so kind and gentle in everything she said? Does she have any clue that I'm blogging about her right now?

I also mentioned the Peace corps and she told me I should do it. She said, "this is the time to do it when you don't have any responsibilities holding you back." I told her I know. I do know this. It's so scary though. It's that issue of security that I want, but don't want.

It makes me believe in God a little more. It makes me want to do big things with my life. It makes me want to be the change I want to see in the world. It stirs my bones.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. alright, this my 3rd try after being in my brothers account. LEAH, have you ever taken the myers-briggs personality test?

    ReplyDelete