Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm such the skeptic of sincerity. Are people truly genuine and sincere? I'm a cynic and a pessimist disguised as a realist. I call it being realistic, but it's really just being negative.

How do I break? How do I give people the benefit of the doubt without regarding their intentions as tainted and malice?

Remember when my roommate Emjay said "I am a rock. I am an island." and we told her "No! You are not alone. If you are an island, then we are all islands in a little cluster. An arpeggio." But are we really? It's so much easier to be alone and not have to depend on others to exist. Especially when you live in a constant state of questioning others' intentions.

Sigh, I am my father's daughter. Silver linings are hard to find in this book.

2 comments:

  1. i'm a skeptic, too leah. i know what you mean. sometimes genuine love and frienship can outshine my skepticism though. and i know it can do that for you, too... i've seen it happen. give yourself some grace :)

    ReplyDelete