Saturday, October 30, 2010

In a Rut

We had a Halloween/Costume/Pumpkin Carving party at the LiNK house the other night. Everyone came over in their costumes that we had all worn to work that day and just relaxed with snacks and drink. Man, it was the first time in a long time that I unwound.

We split up into departments for the pumpkin carvings. We were over by the hammock and my boss/friend (it's all blurred these days) laid down in the hammock. He asked if I hung out here all the time. And I said, "No." He asked why and I didn't have an answer. All I could say was, "I'm in some sort of rut."

And I am.

I go to work. I come home, eat dinner, and don't really do anything very productive. How do I cure this? Proactivity, I believe. Taking risks and putting myself out there. It's one of the most fear provoking things for me -to go into an uncontrolled social situation and not know a soul.

But I guess that's what beer is for. And friends. I think I have 2 solid friends here that will do things with me and invite me to do things with them.

I'm starting to feel more at home here. California has started its season of fall, whatever that is. It doesn't get above 75 or 80 on most days and now that I'm acclimated to the weather, I find it chilly. There aren't enough orange and red leaves, but when I do find them, it's exciting.

1 comment: