Monday, May 25, 2009

I Saw One Today

One day, a few years ago, I was riding in the car with my grandmother and mom.  It was sunny and warm and the car was carrying three generations of women to the grocery store - about 160 years of experiences moving together.  Sitting in the navigators chair (the power chair) Mimi looked up in the sky and noticed a jet trail.  She said, "Whenever I see those white lines in the sky I think of Bob (my Granddaddy).  It's his way of telling me to keep my head up, to keep going.  And that's what I do."

Every time I see one of those I not only think of Granddaddy, but I think of my Mimi who after 91 years of life and 7 years without Granddaddy, has her head upright looking forward.  Life hasn't gotten easier for her frail body, but she presses on with persistence and grace, eager to live and love.  She has hope and sass.  What more does she need?




2 comments:

  1. You were in my dream last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, now I don't know if I can remember. Oh yes. I went on a date and you gave me advice. It was funny. But I forget it now...

    ReplyDelete