Friday, November 7, 2008

Moving Forward. New Ideas. New Solutions.

I just finished reading an article in The New York Times about Barack Obama's preparation for becoming president in January. I'm excited. You know how sometimes you can feel your heart smiling? Obama made a lot of promises and his agenda for change is extensive, perhaps unrealistic. But without idealism, without standards for the quality of life, without expectations, then what is the point of changing - if there is no ultimate, ideal way of life. I can't wait for all children to have healthcare. I'm excited to see how our government pressures rebel groups in Africa to stop fighting. I hope Obama will remember the Americorps and the Peace Corps like he said. I'm nervous and pumped to see what the new administration can accomplish, what the new Senate and House of Representatives will declare as important.

My politically conscious, Canadian friend congratulated America for making a good decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment