Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Drunk on hope

There are things that I enjoy. One of them is perspective. Another is tact, but today I like perspective. It's so refreshing to find people willing to engage in talking about perspectives. Why do you think that way? What were you taught or what did you see that made you develop that assumption about life? One of my teachers is a total douche, but I can't help but respect his very unique perspective. His 'punk rock, divorced, knows the components of heroine, thinks Dick Cheney is evil, owns 14 guitars and wants one more' perspective.

I also am enjoying my walks to and from school. It only adds up to 30-40 minutes everyday, some days it's twice that, but regardless I am so grateful. I've only gotten honked at once, and whistled at once. I was listening to a podcast one day and it was funny so I laughed at the most inopportune moment as a man drove by. He smiled and waved at me. It was uncomfortable. I told Valerie we could start running and shave valuable time off our walks. She wasn't fond of the idea. Yeah. She's probably right. Running with a book bag is never smooth.

3 comments:

  1. yeah... running with a bookbag caused THIS to happen:
    http://ontologyofemily.blogspot.com/2008/06/life-as-series-of-short-films.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey leah, this is seth (horton). i stumbled upon your blog--i've really enjoyed reading and can empathize with a lot of what you are saying. i also thought i should let you know i'm reading it so i can feel less creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, in that case, i think it's only fair for you to share your blog with me! tit for tat? (or some other equally awkward saying)

    ReplyDelete