Friday, December 10, 2010

contemplations

5 months ago, I was telling goodbye to two of my coworkers. As we spoke to them, we told them about the size of the shoes that were left to be filled, the expectations they set for us, and the nervousness with which we carried on the torch. At the end of the night after we lauded them for the sacrifices they have made for LiNK and shared how much we will miss them, one of them turned to us and spit some truth.

She said, "Defend justice in all that you do. Not just in regards to North Korea, but in everything you say and act. Speak up and out about the injustices you see in your daily life. Always defend justice."

It resonates fluidly within in my head every day. How do I fulfill this? How do I find my human voice to speak forward with this? How do I address injustices that are personal?

No comments:

Post a Comment