Thursday, December 30, 2010

2011, I'm Comin' For Ya

As I pack up my things tonight, getting ready to board the plane and head back to LA on New Years Eve of all days, I've been thinking. 2011 is going to be a good year.

Today, when I went to visit Lala and Pa (seen wearing red here) for the last time before I depart, I had a healthy conversation with my wise and youthful grandmother (she's 88, but looks not a day over 60). I suddenly realized that for the first time since I have graduated college, I will know where I will be living and what I will be doing for the entire year. Shocking, right?

That's what I call security. Safety. And she said, "That's one of life's important necessities - security. One of those things that many people struggle in living without."

I'm grateful and am able to breathe a huge sigh of relief knowing that I have one year left (that I know of) in the sunny state of California. I have to make the most of it because who knows what will happen afterwards.

So, as I celebrate the New Year with a little bit of jet lag, friends, and a few drinks, I look forward to what this next year will bring. New challenges, new perspectives, new conversations, and new friends. And I want to learn how not to lose touch with all the "old" that is so dear and treasured to my heart.

Happy New Year, all!

1 comment:

  1. :) Enjoy your year in sunny california, friend. And we, the "old", will be here... let's keep in touch in 2011!

    ReplyDelete