Wednesday, May 19, 2010

announcement.

I know I never use this thing anymore and for that I apologize, but I figure it's a great piece of social connection with a few old friends out there, so I thought I'd clue you in on the next chapter in my life.

Let's recap. For the past 3 months, I was a nomad for LiNK (Liberty in North Korea). I was put back into prairieland on the Heartland team and travelled for 10 weeks with Pat and Kat. Yes their names rhymed. It was possibly some of the hardest days in my life. I was somewhat miserable for the better part of the journey, but I wouldn't change it for the world. It took me a long 10 weeks to learn some of life's most important lessons: how to love people who you wouldn't normally love, how to let go, and how to accept.

Fast forward to today and I am now going on staff with LiNK. I am going to be a regional manager, which is someone who works in the headquarters and manages the teams while they are out on the road. I'm pretty pumped. I have signed a 1.5 year contract and will be living right outside L.A. in Torrance, CA for that time period.

Who would have ever thought that I would be living in southern California? Not me. Definitely not my mother.

I'm home for just a few weeks to visit family and friends and recoup and be in dear Brittany Jackson's wedding. How am I old enough to have friends getting married and for me to have a real job? Crazy.

Crazy.

2 comments: