Thursday, August 14, 2008

Identity

My quest has begun. My quest is to find me. I don't know how I am going to do it, but the first step was to say that I don't know who I am. I know who I was raised to be, I know who my friends say I am, I know who I am in the presence of others, but I don't know me.

Ask me what my favorite color is. I don't know.

Ask me what kind of music I like. I don't know.

Ask me if I believe in God. I don't know.

Ask me why I want to be a social worker. I don't know.

I don't have any answers. I'm a sponge and have absorbed everything around me. Now it's time to squeeze out the excess and retain what is me.

2 comments:

  1. you are amazing to me. thank you for being to open and honest on here.
    (as an aside, julie c. said the schedule is opening up more, so you could give her a call if you still want to set up a meeting with him.)
    love you!!! market wednesday?

    ReplyDelete