Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thank You..

..to my high school for requiring me to take a keyboarding class. Compared to these foreigners (aka. people who are not me) I look so high tech and awesome. A little self-esteem boost is necessary sometimes.

..to my university for requiring me to take a communications class. Even though I almost poop in my pants everytime I have to give a speech, my nerves apparently don't shine through. Without this class, however, I'd look a fool.

..to the Aussies that are staying in our room. You boys are so good looking. (Thank you to God for making them that way).

..NOT to Hitler. I can't believe that man was in power for so long, and SO many people encouraged and supported his radical behaviours for so long.

So, those are my thank yous for now.

Today Bill and I went to the Sachsenhausen concentration camp, which existed from 1936-1945. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and thinking about the thousands of people who died there, even after the war when the Russians used the space as an internment camp for POWs. It was sickening to think about it. Even in the concentration camp the Jews were seperated from all the other prisoners - they were seen as unworthy to be among the others. Anyone the SS saw as deeming threat to the Reich, Hitler's govern, were captured, Jews were just one sector of the whole. This concentration camp only housed about 60,000 prisoners, so I can only imagine what Aushwitz was like.

Tomorrow we are going to Frankfurt bright and early at 8.00 am and we will spend two nights there. Less than a week left - very interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to thank you for writing. And for being as good looking as Aussies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey leah.
    i miss u.
    i read your blog...
    i just thought i would stop in to tell u these things! elewwt

    ReplyDelete