Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Vow (Hopefully).

No, no, no. Not "The Vow" starring Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum, which ohmygah grab me some gal pals and some/all candies everywhere and let's make a stereotypical "girls night," yeah?

I went to the Annenburg Space for Photography today near Beverly Hills and they had an exhibit called "Digital Darkroom," which was incredibly dope. It magnified modern photographers' use of digital modification to create surreal images that would likely be impossible otherwise. It was amazing. It had an emphasis on 3D images and holy cow, amaziiiiing!

So, this is my vow: To take more pictures. To go on walks everyday and take pictures with my not so glamorous point and shoot in order to capture the world around me so that I won't forget it. And I want to share them on here, not because they are going to be incredible works of art, but so that I can bring you into my daily life.

Here's a picture I took from the summer - it's of the river and valley just beneath our summer cabin in Virginia.

4 comments:

  1. Your beginning made me laugh. To the rest of your post, please do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you were here to make my girly night come true.

      Delete
  2. i'd like it if you'd be committed to this... yes, yes i'd like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try :) But you too, missy! I'd like to see more of your wonderful pictures. They can all be of little man, I don't mind.

      Delete