Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Coming Home

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness, OH MY GOODNESS.

In 4 days, I will be on a plane to that humid, summery, southern, Blue Ridge state of mine and I couldn't be more ecstatic. I can't wait to turn my brain off and just soak in the beauty of my family and friends. Know what I mean?

I'm excited to talk with those golden folks that loved and nurtured me through some of those crazy college years (and by crazy I mean angsty and moody, not party-hardy all night long).

Mary, Emilies, Leah, and others will definitely be a part of the mix. Maybe Val, maybe Maggie? Maybe Seth, maybe Ernie? But the for-sures will suffice as they listen to me whine and dream and try to make goals for myself. I hope I'll also be able to be mentally available to listen to their hopes and dreams for their own lives and families.

And oh, my family. Gosh, I go on and on and on and on and... you get the picture... about them. But they are such good people.

My brother and I will be going on a canoeing/camping trip for 3 nights on the New River. I'm planning on making it to the Bluegrass state to see my sister and maybe spend some one on one time with my favorite niece.

And we'll ALL be spending a lovely week together at our rustic cabin in the woods.

The best part is I will have time. Lots and lots of time to squeeze all of these adventures in, all the while leaving me some time to sleep in and watch the Cosby Show at 11AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment