Saturday, January 10, 2009

Nike

Let me write this down. Maybe it will sink in and become a little more real.

THE PEACECORPS
PROS:
-Obtain fluency in another language
-Get to live in another country for two years
-It's a governmental job, which increases my job security for the future
-Will look damn good on job/grad school applications
-Will be challenging. I love a challenge
-Gives me a plan for after graduation
-Isn't 9-5
-Will receive a stipend for future schooling

CONS:
-I'm scared. If I stay, Stateside Leah will get to be around for engagements and marriages and nieces or nephews. I'll have security in relationships, put down roots, maybe have a dating relationship? Do I want to give that up? I can't not do this for a possible life. Nothing is guaranteed. But the increase in my heart rate is intimidating.

2 comments:

  1. :)
    our stateside selves won't get to experience anything amazing while we're gone. i don't believe that quantam stuff anyhow.

    ReplyDelete